Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's a bit shaky but...

I have a sporatic Internet connection at the moment. My computer is picking up an insecure Internet signal, so I can post a quick message now. Let me explain what has been happening...

Mid February:
- My phone line was disconnected for non-payment ($70-80). I had thought that the payments were coming directly out of my bank account (as all of my other bills do), but no! Each bill that I got was a new one, with only a month's worth of charges. They don't accumulate like in Australia, so I didn't have any indication that I wasn't paying... UNTIL THE PHONE LINE GOT DISCONNECTED OF COURSE! (My Internet connection is ADSL)
- I called up the phone people, and they told me they would send a total bill. They also mentioned that I would be reconnected the day following payment.
- Day after payment, nada.
- I wait a couple more days to see if anything happens. NOPE!

Later February:
- Call the phone people again and they tell me that I was permanently disconnected and that I would have to reapply.
- After about 10 failed attempts at faxing my details over three days, I finally get confirmation that my phone line would be connected in a week's time.

Early March:
- New phone line connected.
- Internet doesn't work!
- I recieve a letter from the Internet company, requesting that I return the modem to them.
- I call the Internet company, and they say that because my phone line was no longer connected, they were in the process of disconnecting my Internet service. They didn't even bother to consider that I was still paying the bill for the Internet and that there was a chance that I was changing phone line...
- The Internet company tell me that I have to reapply for the Internet. I ask how long it would take, and they tell me 3 to 4 weeks.
- I then get in contact with the guy that hooked me up with the Internet beforehand, and he tells me that he can get me connected in a week.
- I sent him the application a little less than a week ago, so if everything goes OK I will have Internet on Wednesday!

All that means is that I will have some interesting stories to tell when I am wired up again!

Love you all, missing you stacks, and don't worry! I'm fine!!!

Suzi

1 Comments:

At 8:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drama, drama, drama! What's new? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home