Saturday, December 10, 2005

Would you want to be sick in Japan?

Well, the cold has gotten to me, literally.... Yesterday I left school early and my supervisor took me to the doctor. I have been to a couple of doctors already here, and I really don't like them. They don't seem to want to touch you, and ask a minimal amount of questions. Yesterday I felt a cold/flu coming on... the first thing they'd do back at home is check out your throat right? Well they went nowhere near my throat!!! They did check my breathing and prodded at my stomach though.

My last experience was a weird one, which involved curtains which were only half the height of the room, a chair with a mind of its own, and someone prodding me from the other side of the curtain. I don't want to go into any more details because it's embarassing.

So yesterday after my consultation, I am given my prescription and I got the following drugs:

The above stuff is a set of pills and powder to be taken between meals. The powder tastes like crap, and I think it is for stomach ulcers.... called Ulcerlin or something.
This is "nauzerin", which I think is for nauzea. That is to be taken during meals.

This is gastren or something like that. I take them at night.
These little babies ARE NOT bullets to kill myself (although it's times like this I wish I could!).... they are freakin' suppositories!!!!

So.... that means my weekend was a heap of crap. I mostly stayed in bed, grumbling about the state of medicine here. I came to the conclusion that doctors here aren't interested in finding a specific illness, instead they just hit the illness with everything they have. I kind of relate the drugs shown above to a peppering of bullets in war. Hit it with everything you have until you know for sure it is gone.

Speaking of peppering bullets, I am twice as pissed this weekend because I was set to go paintballing/skirmishing! Of course, I paid the $60 fee well ahead of time assuming I would be well enough for it. So when I let the organiser know on Friday arvo that I couldn't go, there was no sympathy, and my $60 is now down the drain! Man, I think I'm really pissed at the moment. You should be glad that you're not in the same country as me!!!!So if you want to make me feel better, want to send me an Xmas present (that is easy to mail), send me some freakin' cup-a-soup!!! Chicken noodle will do just fine. They don't have Chicken Noodle as far as I can tell, just the seaweed laden miso soup which makes me want to puke.

Man, I sound like such a raging bull or something. I'm sorry, I am actually a very sweet girl. I just happen to be writing this at a very fragile moment. Please, don't forget the soup.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my girl!
Good to see that japan hasn't tamed her yet - keep it up!!

 
At 11:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!... suppositories... i've never tried that!!
Selen and I are thinking of you!!
X GORDY

 
At 12:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK A parcel containing chicken noodle soup and other goodies is on it's way from Australia.
Love from Muff

 
At 3:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wise uncle says drink plenty of beer through this difficult time and wash away evil spirits

 

Post a Comment

<< Home