Monday, June 12, 2006

Let's Be Patriotic!

Well.... big match tonight... my students are all pretty excited about the World Cup. They keep talking about some big Japanese player who has a mohawk. I have no idea who they are talking about. In fact, I have absolutely no idea about the soccer. All I know is that Australia is playing Japan. The Japanese have apparently gone a little crazy about it. They have even resorted to cooking kangaroo shaped pasta so they can eat the Aussies up! They're also very stressed that their team is shorter than the Australian team. Boohoo. If Australia win, I am going to play the Aussie anthem at the start of each class. If they lose, I will stay quiet. :)

Anyway, in this whole wave of patriotism, I couldn't go past the following product I picked up at the supermarket... Let me present "Thorpedo"!There was a whole stack of these drinks set up next to a big poster of him. The drink tastes like a typical Japanese sports drink. It's got a mild grapefruit flavour, but is pretty bland overall.

Anyway, I must be off to bed. Been studying most of the day and I'm pretty happy with how it is all going. That isn't to say that I won't be happy when my studies are over! I'll be soooo happy and free! Yay!

Go Aussies! (Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday to the Queen - and Selen too!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home